If you’re reading this with some remaining babbalas (hangover) from an excellent but excessive festive season, then join the club. According to Great Almanac of Life, by now many of you will have made your 2011 New Year’s resolutions and cast them in stone. You will also likely have persevered through two whole days of them and decided that it’s best to stick to resolutions only on even numbered years. Wonkie decided to break the rules this year and smash the resolutions from day 1… in case you’re wondering, it doesn’t feel any better breaking them on the first day either.
In other breaking news, Wonkie inadvertently stumbled onto a secret stash of LikiWeaks cables and thought it would be insightful to share with readers the top 10 New Year’s resolutions of a certain African dictator, who shall remain unnamed:
- Encourage neighbouring country to deport their illegal immigrants to combat the rapid decline in local population
- Maintain work-life balance by delegating mundane life-threatening to deputy
- Lose weight by eating many less bananas
- Instill fear in subjects by maintaining a Hitler-like moustache
- Catch up on Season 7 of Desperate Housewives and Two and a half Men
- Keep fit by learning salsa – I really need to work on my turns and flairs
- Meet again with Julius Malema for mentoring sessions – that young man has real potential
- Further my spiritual agenda by convincing even more people that I am God
- Continue my personal development by reading How to win friends and influence Western Imperialist pigs
- Spoil myself and buy an iPad… or a submarine – I’ve always wanted one
Seriously for a moment, Wonkie thinks it’s quite funny how short a time resolutions made with such determination usually last. It’s not that the resolutions are not important, it’s just that the motivation for sticking to them seems to disappear after the first week or two. That’s a pity considering it generally only takes 28 days to form a new habit. Perhaps the way to think about it is exactly that – call them January resolutions and endeavour to stick to them just for the month and see what happens.
Wonkie wishes readers all the very best over 2011 – may you have a year filled with lots of fun and laughter!
Check out weekly updated offers on all online casino South Africa or have a look at the latest Silver Sands casino specials. If you are interested in gambling in India, browse on online casinos India website.